PROCESS AID MASTERBATCH AID PE F5
AID PE F5 is a masterbatch containing 5% fluorinated copolymer based in a LLDPE carrier. It is used in LLDPE film extrusion to reduce melt-fracture and sharkskin when extruding linear olefin polymers. AID PE F5 also gives the following properties : improved bubble stability, haze reduction, improved gloss and higher output levels.
For which applications?
AID PE F5 works by modifying the interface between the polymer melt and the metal surfaces of the extruder barrel and die. The following is directions for start-up :
- The user must ensure all metal surfaces coming in contact with polymer are thoroughly cleaned so that they become coated with fluoropolymer.
- Start-off by adding 10% AID PE F5 and 90% base polymer to pre-condition the extruder with fluoropolymer.
- After 15 - 20 minutes adjust extruder to full operating output speed and reduce AID PE F5 to approx. 1 - 2%. Exact quantity depends on Machine, polymer type etc, however, polymer containing antiblock, pigments etc is more abrasive, so more Polylube masterbatch is needed.
- Without a prolonged production interruption it should be possible to start-up without preconditioning the extruder.
- If the extruder has been cleaned with an abrasive purging compound, start-up should be as above. AID PE F5 has a favourable effect on viscous molten polymers during extrusion and injection. It is also used in HDPE injection molding.
AID PE F5 is not recommended if temperatures > 240°C .