The use of masterbatchs called "ANTIBLOCK" resolves two major problems often encountered in the film industry (whether during its manufacturing or use):
1 – The facilitation of rolling film coils. During film rolling, air bubbles can be trapped between successive spires which can cause small localised flaws that grow as the spires pile up. These flaws are called "dots". The coils thus manufactured are no longer cylindrical, and the film isn't perfectly flat when it is unrolled.
2 - The "blocking" effect results from the adhesion developed between two smooth layers of film placed in contact with each other. This phenomenon is mainly associated with polyethylene and polypropylene films, whether they are obtained by a "CAST" or an "inflation" (BLOWN) process, even after lamination.
In order to resolve these two problems, the film must be given roughness by incorporating specific fillers, whether organic or mineral in nature. Among the latter, Polytechs offers masterbatches based on :
- Natural silica, derived from diatomic earth, within a polyethylene matrix: ABPE15N, ABPE30N, ABPE50N
- Talc, within a polyethylene matrix : ABPETA30SC
- Synthetic silicas: ABPE20S (Polyethylene base), ABPP10S (Polypropylene base)
Upon request, any other type of filler may be offered (calcium carbonate, microbeads or microspheres of glass, microbeads of PMMA or of cross-linked silicone, etc.) for any types of thermoplastic matrix.
Antiblock and sliding masterbatch platform
- ANTIBLOCKING MASTERBATCH AB PE 15 N
- ANTIBLOCKING MASTERBATCH AB PE 20 S
- ANTIBLOCKING MASTERBATCH AB PE 30N
- ANTIBLOCKING MASTERBATCH AB PE 50N
- ANTIBLOCK MASTERBATCH AB PE TA 30 SC
- ANTIBLOCKING MASTERBATCH AB PP 10 S
- TALC MASTERBATCH AB TA 50/L
- SLIP MASTERBATCH SL PE ER 7.5
- SLIP MASTERBATCH SL PE OL 7.5